About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday

I woke with a 99.  Not bad...  Being this time of the year, there is so much to do.

Does anyone else feel that having this disease feels like a full time job?  It never leaves me (or any of us) and is always on my mind.  Looking back, I don't know how I worked full time and as a teacher!  Teaching is another job that never leaves you.  The two competed with my attention all the time.  There was so many times when I had to choose between the two.  There was no time to be a wife, really.  Anyone else deal with this?

Another thing that comes with this disease is depression.  This is not uncommon at all.  I take medication for this and will for the rest of my life.  Anyone else deal with depression?

Luckily, I have enough interests that I keep myself from slipping into nothingness.  This time of year seems particularly hard because of all the things to be done and that can be overwhelming.  I also have great loss in my life so that doesn't help either.

All in all, I have to pat myself on the back.  I have a lot to be thankful for and reminding myself of that keeps me going.

I just read yoga helps with depression.  The picture showed a downward facing dog pose.  I may try this to get myself motivated!

So tonight I have a reading of 495, really?  I changed my site and bolused.  I am chillin' and waiting for the insulin to kick in or fall asleep.  I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. I don't look at being a diabetic as a full time job. I think that's because I've been one since I was 5, so it's been most of my life and it's a part of who I am.

    This year is busier for me than most because our daughter is visiting. She lives on the west coast and can't get back too often. Because of my having shoulder problems, I'm unable to do much of anything. The tree isn't decorated and nobody else is interested in doing it. Our son and his family come for Christmas Eve, and that's it. We don't do parties either at the house or any one elses' so I never have anything to do.

    I have depression but it's not because of my being a diabetic. I have what's called environmental depression, I do not like the city or the house where I live. Nothing I can do about it. Medication can do nothing for it because it is not a chemical problem.

    ReplyDelete