About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

It's been a day since I have written.  I hope you all are well.  After testing before going to bed, my reading was in the 200's.  I took about a unit of insulin and awoke at 12:30 am with a reading of 69, drank milk and ate 1/2 a cookie.  I am wondering how many of you have had young adults return home and they have different lifestyles than when they lived under your roof?  They are very active at night.  This is a little unnerving as well and upset my husband which in turn, stressed me out.  I did return to bed around 1:30.

At 6:30, I got up to begin the breakfast casserole I was making for the family and I was 51.  It is now 8:30 and the casserole is almost ready to be taken out of the oven.  Ah, there goes the timer, I'll be right back.  Mmm, looks good.  I will post the recipe if we like it.  The casserole was great!  It is called Amish Breakfast Casserole on Food.com  It has bacon, cottage cheese, cheeses, onion, and hashbrown.

At 12:00 today we met family at a restaurant for lunch.  It was Mexican food and I probably ate too many chips.  A reading of 289 at 2:30.  Bolused a little less than what the pump suggested I bolus.  Feeling sleepy, yet can't go to sleep.  So I choose to knit, watch football and peruse the internet.

Last evening I noticed a puddle on our kitchen floor.  This morning I kept finding puddles of water and a half hour before going to lunch I mention again to my husband about the water.  Upon closer scrutiny, he finds the spray nozzle hose on the faucet has a kink in the hose and is leaking.  He has gone twice to the store to get repair supplies.  Now he has the entire sink out of it's hole.  Why when we have company do we have plumbing problems?  My husband is so gifted to be able to fix these things.

So now it is the evening.  Dinner is done, got a glass of homemade eggnog and just chillin'.  Family, football and surfin', beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. When our son returns, he comes back with his lady-friend and their son. They don't stay more than a couple of hours because they live within driving distance and we don't have enough beds for them... since they aren't married in our house they sleep in separate rooms. Our daughter lives out west, so she doesn't get back too often. She was with us this year and about the only "problem" was she stayed up much later than us. But with her room on the main level and ours on the upper, it doesn't bother us. Most of her high school friends are no longer in the area, so she stayed here and was on her computer with her west coast friends.

    I had a very good Christmas Eve myself. My Oakland Raiders won and the stupid denver broncos lost. So I was jumping around the house yelling my Raiders WON.

    ReplyDelete