About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday

A rough night with high sugars last night.  I made Dreamfields pasta last night and I do not think that the low carbs they claim are true for T1 diabetics.  I tested at 8 pm and I was 288, took 2.2 units, then tested 231 at 3 am and took 2 units of insulin.  I finally woke up this morning at 133.  The dinner was delicious, the after effects, not so much.  Anyone know any hints for this pasta?  Next time I will bolus even more insulin for that meal.  I made marinara and served it over angel hair pasta.

Ate breakfast and walked the dogs.  I continued exercising when I got home and then it hit me, I forgot to take my insulin.  UGH!  So now I am 315, but took 4 units so I should be good.  Now off for a walk.  Luckily, I will have my husband with me to keep an eye on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment