About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Friday, December 2, 2011

Healthy Black Gold Cookies

These taste like brownie cookies.  Fudgy, chewy and rich chocolate.

2T white flour
2T whole wheat pastry flour
2T soy protein powder
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Whisk together above in bowl.

6 oz. semi sweet chocolate (chopped if needed)
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (chopped if needed)
4 T. butter
2 T. milled flax seed

Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring to blend until mixed.

2 eggs
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C Splenda measure
2 t. vanilla

Mix w/ electric mixer until blended, then beat on medium for 6 minutes.

Add chocolate to egg mixture and mix for 1 minute.
Scrape bowl.
Add flour and 4 oz. of chopped semi sweet chocolate and mix for 30 seconds.

Scoop by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.

Cool at least 30 minutes (may need to continue cooling in refrigerator if too soft).  (I stuck my batch outside since it was in the 40's outside.

I have yet to get software to figure nutritional values.  Once I do, I plan to edit.  The soy protein powder, Splenda, and milled flax seed, make this healthy.  There is less carbs, more Omega 3's, and less fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment