About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday and pump site ?

What a night.  I had a low of 71 and a low of 58!  UGH!  At least I awoke at 126.  I was high last night and yesterday afternoon so I changed my site.  It seems my body absorbs insulin differently in my 'bum'.  The diabetes is easier to control.  I think my stomach is so scarred that it is difficult for insulin to be absorbed there.  I am not sure how to adjust this and will ask at my appointment in February.  Suggestions?

More decorating, maybe baking and completing some knitting today.  I am enjoying this time of year as I have the time rather than being stressed with grading papers and planning.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. i just moved out further and further kinda making the target area larger while the overused area would be the bullseye, sadly new areas hurt and may bleed the further from fatty tissue and the thinner that fatty tissue gets... i also began using not fatty tissue but that can sting for a few minutes even the whole 3 or 4 day time it might sting as a large bolus goes in, but a basal like my 1.5 every hour has not pain, i used abdomen ,leggs, arms for injections, so the " leathery " feeling of the skin in those areas are not due to pumping, but i had always rotated sites,, i may have a site real close to my pectoral, above belly button and i may have a site as low as right on my pelvic bone area, far below belly button, i also use buttocks ( forrest gump ) lol.. but absorption doesnt seem like its an issue for me, i just have a very large site map even though i have yet to use arms for a site.. but good luck and its great to be a follwer on a blog lol, couldnt have been a better choice for me to choose an attempt at this blog app stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestions. My issue is I either am too thin or I have muscle in areas that you are suggesting. I do not have much real estate. as my nurse practitioner calls it. I can't stand the feeling of the burn as the insulin goes in and I have hit blood vessels that really hurts and leaves bruises. I have also hit nerves that really hurt as I move around.

    ReplyDelete