About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday

Good morning!  I woke up at 6:30 with a reading of 55.  The odd thing is I didn't feel the low.  I did take care of it and am on with my day.

My daughter is home from college and she has my day planned with what she would like for me to do with her.  So cute, yet I have my own ideas for the day too.  I am so happy she and I get along so well.

It is amazing to me how much easier it is for me to control my diabetes without the stress of teaching.  No adrenaline rushes all day long = in control blood sugars.  YEAH!  I never knew the disease could be quite  this easy.

3 comments:

  1. i never knew i could control as well as i am since put on a pump several months ago, its amazing everyday , and i didnt think i would make it to age 40 without going blind or loosing a limb, seriously, i went thru school with several type 1s in my own year class of 84', and 2 are no longer with us, one had a low and didnt come around, the other had a heart attack, dialysis, bad health quality, i just knew it waqs my fate, but i am really blessed having been put on a pump, although the endo i started seeing who put me on the pump said i did a pretty good job from age 8 to age 45 with no complications, just minimal neuropathy in feet and legs , but hope you dont have any and have a great next week, i met made many friends in teresas group pages, its great to include you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have been on various pumps and am now on the Ping by Animas. The plan is it will eventually be linked with my continuous glucose monitor. Even with all of these devices, the stresses of teaching teenagers was horrible and difficult to control the disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hate not knowing when you're low. That I think is the worst thing. With me I can be extremely thirsty at 350 and at 35, there isn't much difference.

    I refuse to use a pump. I know those who have them love them. With me, if I have to remove a needle I'd much rather not have it in me for any length of time. I also think the pump should be able to monitor your blood sugars, give you insulin when needed and tell you when you're too high or getting low.

    I've been a type 1 since 1965. I have NO complications. Until I was in high school there were no other type 1's in my school.

    ReplyDelete