About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday

Well, I got the news yesterday that I am officially menopausal.  Another milestone, as my husband so nicely put it.

Before going to bed I had a bs of 223 and took a lower amount of insulin than my pump recommended so I would not get a low sugar.  Sure enough, at 5:00, I awake with a low of 58.  So, I have been up since then.

I plan to return solar Christmas string lights to Target.  Great idea, the idea needs to be perfected though...

Looking for a recipe to make a crusty dipping bread for olive oil or to serve with pasta dishes that has less carbs via Joyce Schneider, the author of The New Diabetes Diet.  I will share if I find one and it is palatable.

So, to reflect on yesterday, I ended up with a bs of 308 @ 10:00 to which I bolused, took it easy and rested and in an hour I was down to 178.  My day was productive, but I was very tired.  I listened to my body and rested when needed.  I did get some Christmas shopping done and decorating.

Anyone reading this, please share what you would like to hear (or not hear) on this blog.  I am trying to reach out and help so T1 diabetics do not feel so alone in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment