About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Low blood sugars and hot flashes

For those of you who do not have T1 diabetes, here is something I am experiencing which may help you relate to some of the things we feel.  If you have ever had hot flashes due to perimenopause, that same sweating occurs with a low blood sugar.  That is only half of the feeling.  Now that I am experiencing both, every time I get a hot flash I have to stop and test to see if it really is a low blood sugar.  I guess wearing the continuous glucose monitor would help determine without testing, but even that has to be verified with a blood test.  I think a call to my doctor may be in order.  UGH!  For the men who have diabetes, now you have an idea of what a women feels during the change of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment