About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday (alas)

I awoke with a bs of 141.  In the middle of the night I tested and had a bs of 99.  Fell back asleep and woke up 1.5 hours later and felt shaky so I drank some of a Juicy Juice juice box (I find these nice since they are premeasured to 15 carbs).

Anyway, I have been up for an hour and should probably get some breakfast.  I will add more later...

The rest of the day has been uneventful.  A little low late this afternoon.  Sitting down to rest now before we go out to get some Christmas shopping and get a bite to eat.

I hope anyone reading this has a wonderful Friday evening.  If I feel the need to update because of unusual occurrences, I will do so.  :-)

So, dinner went well but I had a cup of soup (a think chicken, chili, like concoction; who knows how many carbs) and half of a calzone that my husband and I split.  It was very good, but I guessed, as always, on the carbs and insulin.  We ate @ 5:30 so I will test soon and update then.  Does anyone hate eating out and having to guess at the carbs?  There are many things that I make at home too, that I do not know the carbs.  I hope to get software for Xmas for cooks that has a place where you can enter the ingredients and know what the carbs are.  Does anyone have a suggestion of software?

No comments:

Post a Comment