About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday

Last night, at 9:00 when I headed to bed, I tested and found I was 169.  I did not treat since in the past I have dropped too low during the night or when I wake up in the morning.  At 1:43 I awoke at 43 and drank 22g carbs of juice.  I then woke up at 6:00 and was 54!  What the heck?  I drank another 15g of carbs.  Not the best way to start the day!  I am sure there will be more to add later.

Back again... A slow to get going morning.  I finally fell back asleep after dealing with a headache all morning and just feeling like yuck (I think yuck feels not normal).  The remainder of the day went fairly well.  Now, I am suffering from a low sugar of 55.  Treated with milk that is taking way too long to work!

3 comments:

  1. I know with me, drinking juice does not raise my blood sugar much at all. Oh, and I never write bs for blood sugar, bs means something else to me :). And just to let you know, I was diagnosed in 1965. When I was little, my parents would first give me about a tablespoon of honey, then a sandwich of with meat or cheese. My doctor said that some diabetics do need more than juice and since honey has already been digested by the bees, it gets into the blood stream quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I am "Bear" from facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I thought that was who you were. I guess I am sensitive, if I eat, I end up high. Milk sometimes helps better than juice. The juice boxes are so much more convenient to keep in an upstairs drawer than having to go all the way downstairs to the 'fridge or eat from the pantry. Plus, since eating takes more effort, it is sometimes harder for me to get back to sleep unless I eat too much and the sugar shoots high.

    ReplyDelete