About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Woke up about 6am and started coffee and the sweet potatoes.  It is now 8:45 and I am still the only one awake!  It is quiet and I am enjoying the peace.  Living here seems like a dream. I believe we will eat the big meal around 5:00 or so.  The turkey will take 4 hours.  Since it is just the 4 of us, there is no pressure to eat at a certain time.  Besides cooking, who knows what the day will bring.  There is a log down in the creek that needs to be cut up and moved. The run-in for the horses needs to get completed too.  Since we do not have TV, the day is ours to do what we will.  Shortly, I will venture to the barn and let the chickens out, as well as walk up the lane to get the paper.

I hope everyone finds something to be thankful for this special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment