About Me

My photo
T1diabetic for 25+ years. 2 successful pregnancies. Teacher of high school math. Married. Love to cook, strive to be healthy and happy, love my pets, love to garden,...

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 3 - UVA Basal Rate Research Trial

Upon waking, I felt better physically than the day before, just tired.  I ate breakfast and we headed to the gym.  I completed the exercise easily and then returned to the research house where I ate lunch.  Oh, I forgot, I was given a Fitbit to use for the 30 days and instructed on how to download it as well as the blind CGM and my pump for additional data.  The great thing about this study is 3 doctors, IT technicians and more were watching my data live on a computer the entire time I was in the study.  I did get to nap this afternoon before leaving the research house.  I returned home with their CGM, glucometer and a Fitbit.  Each Tuesday I am to download everything onto the computer, including my Verio pump.  The data will be collected until Dec. 18, when I will return for the final part of the study.  It is my understanding that at this point I will be fitted with a device that will automatically manage my diabetes based on the test results.  I am intrigued to see what happens.  I am very tired tonight and look forward to sleeping in my own bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment